Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Walk on the Ocean"--Toad the Wet Sprocket

...some raw poetry brought about by my recent visit to the beach...

Ocean waves hug the shore
pulling away,
giving back.
The water left behind shimmers on the sand
before melting away into the beach.
Footprints line the shores
people, birds, and dogs
telling of travels had and yet to be.
The soft crashing of the waves fills my ears
peaceful solace,
a void that no other sound can fill.
Breathing in, breathing out
the fresh sea air.
I could lay here all day
soaking up the rays of the warm sun into my skin.
Each moment a precious treasure,
the seashells jewels,
diamonds encrusting the shore.
I will leave here
but my mind is staid by the words of the sea.

--Amanda 01/08

"suntanned toes"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this...
mom

Anonymous said...

Well said.